This business is handled in accordance with the Waste Disposal Act and its sub-laws,Mainly perform the management and treatment of laboratory waste.
In order to educate students, each department sets up laboratories for students to engage in relevant chemical experiments or research. Although the amount of chemicals used is very small, there are many types.
In the treatment of waste liquid generated after the use of chemicals, it is easy to cause poisoning or disasters due to negligence.
According to the "Waste Disposal Act ", the waste generated by the laboratory is classified as industrial waste.
It should be properly classified, stored and removed in accordance with the "Methods and Facilities Standards for the Storage, Clearance and Disposal of Industrial Waste" to avoid environmental pollution or hazards to teachers and students.
The disposal of school laboratory waste liquid shall be classified and collected according to standards.The Environmental Safety Center entrusts a legal waste removal and disposal agency for disposal.
First、Implement a laboratory to issue a waste removal information card.The laboratory personnel should show the information card every time the waste is cleaned and transported before the waste can be cleaned and transported.
For timetable, please refer to the collection timetable.「NTHU Laboratory waste collection and transportation schedule」
The department's time slot scheduled in the timetable only provides the laboratory of the department for collection and transportation.
For laboratories of non-scheduled departments, please select the "appointment" time slot to make an appointment.
The collection and transportation process uses the special scale of our center, and the scale is calibrated regularly every year.
After the actual weighing by the waste treatment plant, and the weighed weight, the weight of the waste produced by each laboratory is corrected.
Second、The classification, storage, collection and transportation of laboratory waste liquid are as follows：
1.Waste liquid classification
Laboratory waste can be divided into organic liquid waste, inorganic liquid waste, sludge and solids.
The classification principle of waste liquid should pay attention to compatibility. If incompatible waste liquids are mixed, it may produce violent reactions and even cause fire and explosion. Therefore, the classification of laboratory waste liquids should be careful.
There are many types of chemicals in school laboratories and their properties vary greatly. If the same type of waste liquid has a complicated source, it will increase the difficulty and cost of waste liquid treatment. Therefore, the source of compatible waste liquid in storage should be as simple as possible.
- The material of the waste liquid storage barrel should be able to safely contain the waste liquid, and be resistant to corrosion and avoid odor volatilization, and a waste storage label that meets the requirements of the school should be posted outside the waste liquid storage barrel.
- The specifications of the waste liquid bucket should be 20L square PP bucket (transparent or translucent). It is forbidden to use buckets that cannot see through the height of the liquid level.
- Because waste liquid barrels are stacked during cleaning and transportation, and they need to be stable, only 20L square barrels can be used.
- When collecting waste liquid, it is forbidden to fill the waste liquid bucket with a maximum scale mark. If there is no scale mark, please fill the waste liquid bucket with 8 points full.
- If the liquid in the waste liquid bucket has continuous reaction or exceeds the liquid level limit, it will not be accepted and transported. Please distribute it to other waste liquid buckets and resolve the reaction state before arranging for collection and transportation.
The school has built a school-level laboratory waste temporary storage room, please laboratory in accordance with the following relevant regulations:
- Please arrange collection and transportation as soon as possible after the laboratory waste is full.
- Laboratory waste must not be stored in the laboratory for more than 7 days.
- Laboratory waste should be stored separately according to the hazard characteristics.(For example, acid waste liquid and alkaline waste liquid should be stored separately; cyanide waste liquid and acid liquid waste should be stored separately; oxidizing substances and reducing substances should be stored separately.)
- The waste liquid barrel should be marked according to the hazard characteristics, and the marking plate should be obtained from the ESH Center.
- There must be overflow prevention facilities under the waste liquid bucket.
The waste generated by the laboratory should be handled in accordance with the school’s regulations, collected and transported to the school-level temporary storage room, and a record sheet of the output of each laboratory should be prepared, and the environmental safety center commissioned by a qualified waste removal processing agency to perform the removal and treatment. And properly handle the records and archive them for future reference, and finally correct the weight according to the actual weighing weight of the treatment plant.。
4.Solid waste (not referring to solid chemicals)
As long as the solid wastes (such as gloves, wipes, droppers, etc.) generated during the experiment are classified as laboratory solid wastes, they should be packed in our school’s special solid waste storage bags.
(1)Solid wastes such as glass should be packed in cartons or sturdy boxes to avoid piercing or scattering during collection and transportation.
(2)Experimental sharp solid waste (such as needles, etc.) should be packed in a sturdy container, and the cover must be sealed when receiving and transporting to avoid stabbing personnel during collection and transportation.
(3)The foregoing two items are strictly prohibited from being placed in solid waste storage bags, and if found during inspection, they are prohibited from being collected and transported.。
In the case of abnormal changes such as pollution, dampness, or deterioration during the experiment, when chemicals cannot be used, or chemicals with unknown labels or falling off, the processing operations shall be handled as waste chemicals.。
(1)Please fill in the form of waste chemicals in order (Phase state=>category=>container material), so there are six categories, and the waste code can be omitted.
(2)There is no limit to the container size, but it is necessary to store chemicals safely, and each bottle must be able to securely closed and there must be no leakage.
(3)In order to ensure that the medicines can be prevented from spilling out of the perimeter when they break during the transportation process, the storage box is used for storage. Please prepare storage (organization) boxes for storage by yourself, and store them separately according to the compatibility of each category.